The WWCHAC is focused on achieving Wurundjeri water rights and justice, community directed decision-making, as well as restoring and managing healthy water on Country. The Water Program is WWCHAC’s dedicated team responsible for leading work related to water planning, management and governance.
This full-time, fixed term (for a period of 2 years with the possibility of extension pending further funding) role will be based within the Narrap Unit at our Healesville offices with some flexibility to work from home from time to time.
Working closely with our Ranger Program, the position will be responsible for project management, policy development and review, documentation of technical information and liaison with government, water corporations, local councils and research institutions.
The successful candidate will hold:
- tertiary qualifications in environmental science, environmental policy, anthropology, archaeology or similar
- strong experience in a similar role, preferably working closely with traditional owner groups
- a thorough understanding of the Victorian water sector, especially pertaining to traditional owner involvement
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- the ability to effectively navigate cross cultural issues
In return we offer competitive remuneration, salary sacrifice, opportunities for professional development and more!Apply now