The Council offers comprehensive Cultural Heritage Awareness inductions. Inductions occur after developers have undertaken a Cultural Heritage Management Plan (CHMP). Inductions are delivered by a Wurundjeri Elder with recognised cultural heritage expertise to all personnel involved in ground disturbance work at the Activity Area (site of development). The Elder speaks to the following:
- The history of Aboriginal occupation of the Activity Area and broader region
- The archaeological investigations that have been conducted within the Activity Area
- The specific details of all Aboriginal cultural heritage recorded as a result of the CHMP
- The recommendations and contingencies contained with the CHMP
- The obligations of the site workers and sponsor under the Victorian Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006
- Mini posters from the Office of Aboriginal Affairs Victoria are also provided for display.